The Saratoga Jazz Festival will be back at SPAC on its traditional weekend, Saturday June 26th and Sunday June 27th, in 2021!
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday May 21st 10am, at spac.org! Amphitheater tickets start at $130 per pod, which seat up to two people. Lawn tickets are available to purchase for $150 for a two-person pod, or $300 for a four-person pod. Single tickets will be extremely limited. Advance ticket purchases are strongly advised, as ticket availability will be limited.
Saturday June 26th
- Dianne Reeves – the pre-eminent jazz vocalist in the world
- Christian McBride’s New Jawn – McBride on bass, Nasheet Waits on drums, Marcus Strickland on tenor saxophone and bass clarinet, and Josh Evans on trumpet.
- Joey Alexander – Contemporary jazz pianist, bandleader and composer
- Hot Club of Saratoga – upstate New York’s premier gypsy swing ensemble
Sunday June 27th
- Cécile McLorin Salvant – recently named “Female Vocalist of the Year” by the 2021 Jazz Journalists Association
- Artemis – all-female supergroup comprised of the most acclaimed musicians in modern jazz
- Al Di Meola – internationally recognized guitar virtuoso
- Garland Nelson’s Joyful Noise – a spirit-lifting ensemble of musicians and singers, originally scheduled to make their Jazz Fest debut in 2020
Changes for COVID-19
Things are a little different this year due to COVID-19 and associated mandates from the New York State government. Here ‘s what you need to know:
- Performances will be 12pm – 6pm both days, and all performances will be on the main amphitheater stage.
- Food and beverage options will be available on site.
- Guests are welcome to bring in their own blankets (no larger than their designated pod size), chairs and personal umbrellas or clip-on umbrellas. Essential personal items, food in a clear plastic bag and up to one gallon of factory-sealed water will also be permitted onto the grounds.
- To limit bag checks and allow for touchless entry whenever possible, coolers, beach umbrellas, tents, and tarps will not be permitted this year.
- All attendees are required to show proof that they have completed their COVID-19 vaccination no sooner than 14 days prior to the event OR a negative 72-hour COVID-19 test. In addition, attendees are required to complete a health screening questionnaire and pass a mandatory temperature check prior to entry.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask that cover the nose and mouth at all times, regardless of proof of vaccination or negative test.