Performers in the poll below are listed in order: Saturday Amphitheater, Sunday Amphitheater, Saturday Gazebo, Sunday Gazebo. You can vote for your favorite 4!
Who Was Your Favorite 2014 Performer? (Vote up to 4.)
- Earth, Wind & Fire (Saturday Amphitheatre) (22%, 55 Votes)
- Trombone Shorty (Sunday Ampitheatre) (15%, 39 Votes)
- Patti Austin (Sunday Ampitheatre) (8%, 21 Votes)
- Terence Blanchard (Saturday Amphitheatre) (8%, 20 Votes)
- Eddie Palmieri Salsa Orchestra (Sunday Ampitheatre) (8%, 20 Votes)
- Jon Batiste & Stay Human (Saturday Amphitheatre) (7%, 18 Votes)
- Quinn Sullivan (Sunday Ampitheatre and Gazebo) (5%, 13 Votes)
- Mike Stern/Bill Evans Band (Saturday Amphitheatre) (4%, 11 Votes)
- Ronnie Earl & The Broadcasters (Saturday Amphitheatre) (4%, 9 Votes)
- Dr. Lonnie Smith Octet (Saturday Amphitheatre) (3%, 7 Votes)
- Robin McKelle & The Flytones (Saturday Ampitheatre and Gazebo) (2%, 6 Votes)
- Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60 (Sunday Ampitheatre) (2%, 6 Votes)
- Sean Jones Quartet (Sunday Gazebo) (2%, 5 Votes)
- Marc Cary Focus Trio (Saturday Gazebo) (2%, 5 Votes)
- Dave Holland Prism (Sunday Ampitheatre) (2%, 5 Votes)
- Lew Tabackin Trio (Saturday Gazebo) (2%, 4 Votes)
- Warren Wolf & Wolfpack (Sunday Gazebo) (2%, 4 Votes)
- Mary Halvorson Trio (Saturday Gazebo) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Melissa Aldana Crash Trio (Sunday Gazebo) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Tim Berne’s Snakeoil (Sunday Gazebo) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Jaimeo Brown with JD Allen & Chris Sholar (Saturday Gazebo) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 81
4 replies on “Who Were Your Favorite 2014 Performers?”
many times i want to see and hear named stars, if possible. however, i have yet to be diddappointed with the shows. yes, some years it is better, we all want the best stars to perform for us.however their is a budget that spac must work with, sometimes limits them from putting better performers on stage.i hope for a better show each year i come. thank you for bringing us good performers.
Trombone Shorty, Earth Wind and Fire and Eddie Palmieri were all on absolute fire.
I also thoroughly enjoyed Dave Holland’s Prism, Melissa Aldana and Crash, and Mike Stern/Bill Evans.
I must also say that Patti Austin was a pure delight!!
Loved the entire weekend, a do over is a must!!
Ronnie Earl was truly fabulous. Eddie Palmieri “muy caliente” and Trombone Shorty was the perfect band to close. It is incredible to see that Philip Bailey of EWF still has that great voice.
My comment is that the Sunday Jazz Festival this year was outstanding. I have a question–Trombone Shorty sang an old classic New Orleans blues and I cant remember the name of it. It is about a place or a building I think. I have heard the song many times.
All of the Sunday program was great. I loved Dave Holland Prism. They were all wonderful, but I do love Kevin Eubanks. I could have floated above the crowd while listening to this wonderful, etherial music. I am glad Quinn Sullivan is so young that we will be able to hear him for a long time, and hearing Trombone Shorty made my whole summer. The whole day was like being on a wonderful vacation while being only 40 miles from home. It is so great every year to see how much people enjoy themselves. Thank you to SPAC. I am such a loyal supporter. The music brings so much joyand hope to us and that feeling is so needed. Seeing Trombone Shorty was all about hope and joy after the devistation that took place in New Orleans. Chris Cummings