Next year the festival will run on its traditonal weekend: Saturday June 25th and Sunday June 26th, 2022.
The Saratoga Jazz Festival returned to SPAC on its traditional weekend, Saturday June 26th and Sunday June 27th, in 2021!
Tickets went on sale to the public Friday May 21st 10am. Amphitheater tickets started at $130 per pod, which seat up to two people. Lawn tickets were available to purchase for $150 for a two-person pod, or $300 for a four-person pod.
Saturday June 26th
- noon – 12:45 – Hot Club of Saratoga – upstate New York’s premier gypsy swing ensemble
- 1:15 – 2:15 – Joey Alexander – Contemporary jazz pianist, bandleader and composer
- 2:45 – 3:45 – Dianne Reeves – the pre-eminent jazz vocalist in the world
- 4:15 – 5:30 – Christian McBride’s New Jawn – McBride on bass, Nasheet Waits on drums, Marcus Strickland on tenor saxophone and bass clarinet, and Josh Evans on trumpet.
Sunday June 27th
- noon – 12:45 – Garland Nelson’s Joyful Noise – a spirit-lifting ensemble of musicians and singers, originally scheduled to make their Jazz Fest debut in 2020
- 1:15 – 2:15 – Al Di Meola – internationally recognized guitar virtuoso
- 2:45 – 3:45 – Artemis – all-female supergroup comprised of the most acclaimed musicians in modern jazz
- 4:15 – 5:30 – Cécile McLorin Salvant – recently named “Female Vocalist of the Year” by the 2021 Jazz Journalists Association
Changes for COVID-19
Things are a little different this year due to COVID-19 and associated mandates from the New York State government. Here ‘s what you need to know:
- Performances will be 12pm – 6pm both days, and all performances will be on the main amphitheater stage.
- Food and beverage options will be available on site.
- Guests are welcome to bring in their own blankets (no larger than their designated pod size), chairs and personal umbrellas or clip-on umbrellas. Essential personal items, food in a clear plastic bag and up to one gallon of factory-sealed water will also be permitted onto the grounds.
- To limit bag checks and allow for touchless entry whenever possible, coolers, beach umbrellas, tents, and tarps will not be permitted this year.
- Masks are only required for unvaccinated guests per Federal CDC guidelines.